Plasterboard Services London
If you are in need for plasterboard services, and you are from London or near by, you are in the right place. Below you will find some good information about plasterboard, so you can make the right decision. Have a look over and contact us after and we will help you happy with your plasterboard.
About plasterboard - why plasterboard?
Here are some advantage of plasterboard:
- Plasterboard is economic. That is because of many reasons, and I will remember few shortly: less time to be build, much easy to be installed, cost of the plasterboards wall is less that other materials wall (bricks etc) etc;
- Comparing to a brick wall, a plasterboard wall will be build much faster. Also the finishes will be less than a brick wall. That is because the plasterboard is straight everywhere;
- In a plasterboard wall or ceiling is much easier to install water pipes and power cables;
- Plasterboard walls are significant lighter than other materials wall. That is because the wall has inside only mineral wool, or something to isolate thermal and sound, if the structure is metal.
Does plasterboard has disadvantages?
Yes, they are some! Find some below:
- A plasterboard can not sustain heavy things, like suspended furniture, or something else heavy. Of course, if you know where heavy things will be, you can strength structure in that place. We will take about that next. But, after the walls are up, you can use only those places where you can find structure to hang some things that are a little heavy. In a brick wall, or concret wall you can do that practically anywhere.
- The mechanical resistance is much lower comparing to a brick walls. It also can be improved by adding a second layer of plasterboard. Also, we will talk about this soon.
- Plasterboard's lifetime is shorter that a brick wall.
- Soundproofing is also not that good for plasterboard wall.
These being said is up to you what kind of wall you will put in your house, plasterboard walls, or plastered brick wall. We only advise you about some advantages and disadvantages. Also, you can be help by a good specialist to make a good decision.
Plasterboard walls - how they are done?
First of all, you will need a structure on which you will fix plasterboards. This structure can be wood, metal or even a wall. If the plasterboard it will be fix on an existing wall (brick, concret) the wall has to be straight enough vertically, and it will be use special adhesive. Metal structure is cheaper, but it has not same resistance as wood. Problem with wood is that, if is not dry enough, plasterboard joints will crack in time, because wood will contract by drying. Also wood is more sensitive to weather (air humidity) and to water, in case of domestic flood.
You can use plasterboards for walls only in interior. It can not be, generally speaking, for outside walls.
There is, still, plasterboard for high humidity zones, like bathroom and maybe kitchen, and plasterboard fireproof. For any situation like this, you can use this kind of plasterboard.
When you build plasterboard structure, you have to fix it in strong structure all over. This can be brick walls, concret walls and ceiling, resistance poles, or house wood structure. This is very important for the stability of the wall and structure resistance of the plasterboard wall. You will not want when you lean on it to fall down.
If you want for your wall to be stronger and more soundproofed, you can add two plasterboard layers. In this case, the structure has to be made to suport the heavy of to layers of plasterboards. Also, the plasterboards will be build interleaved, like bricks, so joints of the first layer will not meet the joints of the second layer.
If you have heavy suspended furniture that will hang on the wall, you have to strength the part of the structure where the furniture will be fix in the wall. You have to have fixed measurements, because, when the wall is done, it will be very hard to say where that strengthened structure it is. It may be a good idea to take some photos.
Also, it will be a very good idea to take some photos of the placement of the water pipes and power cables. You don't want to want to hang on an painting, and screw the screw in a power cable or a water pipe.
For plasterboard ceiling it will be use special metalic structure.
If you will use chandeliers for lighting, it will better fix a hook before the plasterboard installation. This is because, when you want to drill a hole, you may harm a power cable, and that is because you don't know what is behind of the plasterboard.
For the joints it will be use plasterboard joints net and special plasterboard adhesive. After they will be emery, it can be paint as it is (after it will be clean and primed) or you can tiling the plasterboard wall, or add some different tipe of paintings.
Problems with plasterboard?
Like I said, the joints can crack. These can be caused by humidity, high temperatures differences, of by faulty structure construction. If you find the right man for the right job, this kind of problems can be prevent, has human possible.
One other problem can be that the walls will not be straight. This is mainly because the structure was not construct straight. You may find this when you will apply the plinth for the wood floor.
Other problem may have to do with the paint. See this in the painting services page.
With over 7 years experiences out team can offer you professional services in London and near by. We are prompt and serios. We promis to deliver you the expecting result, at the far price. Contact us to get a work preview appointment.